Rosetta Coturnix Quail are hands down our most consistent layer and therefore makes them an excellent homestead choice. They are not feather sexable, but males may start to crow at 5 weeks of age and are otherwise vent sexable.
Eggs will weigh approximately 13 grams each. Hens will produce about 320 eggs annually until about 2 years and 2 months old. The eggs you receive will vary in color with a base of light cream to brown and will have lovely spots and speckles in various colors.\At maturity, around 10 weeks of age, the females will weigh about 9.8 ounces and the males will weigh about 9.4 ounces.
Due to our breeding program, about 95% of the hatchlings will hatch with the as Rosetta. The other 5 percent will be either Tibetan or Pharaoh. This is acceptable and expected.